Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy
Privacy is important to our customers, and we take that seriously. We created this Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy (Policy) to explain to explain the types of information we collect from you, and how we deal with that information.
1.1 How we collect information
We collect information through a variety of sources, including:
- Asking you directly for information in person or via forms, applications etc.
- Our website and other social networking platforms that we use.
- The solar system we install at your home or business.
- Our call centre and staff when we talk to you or otherwise communicate with you.
- Credit reporting bodies.
1.2 Credit Reporting
This Policy also includes our Credit Reporting Policy. It covers additional information on how we manage your Personal Information (defined below), collected in connection with a credit application or a credit facility (Credit Information) and is our Credit Reporting Policy for the purposes of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This Policy explains how we will use, disclose and protect this information once it is collected, and how you can opt-out of some of our uses and disclosures of your information. By using our Services or otherwise providing us your information, you consent to this Policy as it may be amended from time to time.
1.3 Types of Personal Information we collect and hold
- Personal Information – Information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information, is Personal Information. The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold about you could include:
- ID information such as your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address and telephone numbers), occupation and driver’s licence number.
- Information about co-owners of the residence at which Solar System is installed.
- Your account username and password; the name of your utility company; electricity usage information, annual electricity consumption, average monthly utility bill amounts; type of home; and whether you own or rent your home.
- Other contact details such as social media handles.
- Financial details, such as your bank account or credit card details.
- Credit Information such as details relating to credit history, credit capacity and eligibility for credit (credit worthiness).
- Electricity Information (see below) and website usage information.
- Other information we think is necessary.
- You might also need to provide Personal Information about other individuals to us (eg about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their Personal Information to us and to advise them about this Policy
- Electricity Information – your Solar System sends us and service providers information about your electrical system and electricity usage in your home (collectively, Electricity Information). For example, we receive:
- Information about the solar-related equipment in your home, including makes, models, serial numbers, sizes, locations in your home, and photographs of the equipment as it is installed and of locations in your home where it is installed.
- Information about the amount of electricity produced by your system, when it is generated, and the amount used by your household, and by certain areas and appliances within your household.
- Equipment installation diagrams, roof diagrams, shading reports.
- Power, voltage, current, frequency, flow rates; system performance information.
- we may receive information from your solar system wirelessly on an ongoing basis. This information can suggest whether a household is vacant or inhabited, and whether inhabitants are asleep or awake, and may give us information about your other electrical appliances and electricity usage.
- We may deploy various tracking technologies on our Website to collect additional information about your use of them and for the purpose of serving targeted advertising, for example, cookies. By using our Website, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
- Credit Information – we collect and hold Information from a Credit Reporting Body (CRB) when we’re checking your credit worthiness and at other times. This information can include:
- Your name(s) (including an alias or previous name), date of birth, gender, current or last known address and previous two addresses, name of current or last known employer and driver’s licence number;
- Various credit information typically held by finance companies and credit reporting bodies such as information on overdue payments, fraud, credit defaults, bankruptcy, court judgements, late payments, other credit extended or refused and similar information.